|Country of Origin||France|
- Per fess, Or a razorbill flying Proper, and Azure an armillary sphere Or issuant from the base.
- A polar bear sejant erect Argent langued Azure maintaining on its shoulder a feather Azure its quill Or.
- Coupé au premier d'or au pingouin volant au naturel, au second d'azur à la sphère armillaire mouvante de la pointe.
- Un ours polaire sejant érigé d'argent lampassé d'azur, maintenant contre son épaule une plume d'azur à la tige d'or.
- " J'apprends"
The armillary sphere is a reference to the armiger's profession as a geomatics engineer: it symbolizes both geography by its function and engineering by its nature. Geography is also a passion of the armiger.
The razorbill combines in itself several refences: - It is an uncommon and funny animal, which are one of the armiger's domains of interest; he owns a pet lizard.
- The word "pingouin" is a interesting word in French, as it is almost always used incorrectly. While is supposed to only mean "razorbill", it is always applied to penguins, which are "manchots" in French. Upon seing the word "pingouin", most French-speaking persons will visualize a penguin, and a flying one would be quite surprising. The "pingouin" is thus a symbol of a good knowledge of the French language that the armiger takes pride in.
- When mistranslated, the "pingouin" becomes a penguin, which is the animal associated with Linux in general, and by extension to computer science and programming.
The razorbill is found in Brittany, whence the armiger originates, and in several nordic countries, whither he often travelled.
The combination of the two symbols, the razorbill flying over the sphere, stands for the armiger's love of travelling.
The crest is a representation of the armiger's wife, whose totem animal is the polar bear, depicted here sejant erect: peaceful, but ready to defend itself. The quill refers to her passion for calligraphy. The bear's blue tongue is a reference to the couple's pet, a blue tongue skink named Éléonore.
Blazon: An armillary sphere Or surmounted by a feather Azure quilled Or in bend, itself surmounted by a feather Sable quilled Argent in bend sinister.